- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound turkey breast cut into 6 cutlets of equal size
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (Curry powder can be found in mild or spicy.)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup nondairy creamer
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add turkey. Cook, turning once until no longer pink, for about 10 minutes. Place turkey on plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, melt margarine. Add onion & curry powder. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add flour, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, nondairy creamer and sugar. Stir occasionally until thickened.
- Return turkey to skillet. Cook, turning to coat until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve turkey and sauce over rice.
Per serving: 193 calories; 5 g fat; 1 g fiber; 20 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol 27 mg sodium, 156 mg potassium, 25 mg calcium; 88 mg phosphorus
Recipe courtesy of RSNhope.org