In recognition of Global Belly Laugh Day on January 24, Sun Health reminds you that laughter and smiling can have an instant positive effect on your health and wellbeing.
Recent scientific studies have proven that humor can reduce pain, decrease stress and improve quality of life. Researchers believe the ability to laugh — either naturally or as a learned behavior — has important implications regarding heart health, and have suggested that regular, hearty laughter be incorporated into our daily activities, much like eating right and engaging in physical activity. To learn more humor and health, attend the class Laughter & Your Health: Stand-Up Comedy, on Wed, Jan. 24. See page 13 for full details.
Here are a few ideas to infuse humor into your daily routine:
- Have lunch with a friend who makes you laugh.
- Watch a funny video.
- Visit a stand-up comedy club.
- Read the comic section in the newspaper.
- Retell a funny story to a friend.
- Dance and sing to playful music.
- Find humor sites online such as www.greatcleanjokes.com.