- 8 oz. asparagus, trimmed of any thick, woody sections
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. washed, dried, trimmed baby spinach
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 avocado
- 1/3-to-1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette, or dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10-15 minutes until asparagus begins to take on color and is done to your liking.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, red onion and basil. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide tossed salad onto desired number of plates and top with roasted asparagus and avocado, cut to your preference.
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 10-15 mins.
Serves: 4 as a starter salad, 2 as an entrée