- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups packaged fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, mint, honey, oil and salt. Cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, chicken, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and goat cheese. Transfer to salad plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with pepper.
PER SERVING: 303 calories; 13 g total fat (2 g sat. fat); 63 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrates (3 g fiber, 14 g sugars); 26 g protein. Makes: 4 servings. Serving Size: 2 cups.
Recipe originally appeared on www.diabeticlivingonline.com