- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber (peeled), diced
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, red bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, carrots and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the pasta, vegetables and chicken and mix well. Serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cup, Calories 205, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0.9 g, Sugars 4 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Potassium 280 mg
Recipe originally appeared on http://www.diabetes.org/mfa-recipes/recipes/2015-02-veggie-and-chicken-pasta.html