One way you can benefit your loved ones and Sun Health is to create a charitable remainder trust. This beneficial method of giving can provide income to loved ones for the rest of their lives or a term of years. After that, the remainder will go to Sun Health.
How It Works
- You decide which assets to donate. Popular options include cash, stock or real estate.
- You choose who you would like to benefit from the trust.
- Those beneficiaries receive income for the rest of their lives or a specified number of years. You could also receive the payments and invest the after-tax amount in a child’s name or allow the funds to grow until your loved one needs them, such as for college.
- After their lifetimes or a term of years, the remaining assets are given to Sun Health to support our mission.
How You Benefit
- A potential income-tax charitable deduction for a portion of the full fair market value (not the cost basis) of the assets placed in the trust, when you itemize.
- Elimination of any up-front capital gains tax when you fund the trust with long-term appreciated property.
- Fulfillment in knowing you made a big difference to those we serve.
To learn more about a charitable remainder trust and the benefits you could receive, please call me directly at
623-832-5582 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details.
Information provided by The Stelter Company
Sharon Thornton, JD, LL.M,
Exec. VP and Chief Philanthropy Officer